Having an Android tablet, it doesn't really matter to me what format I use, when there is a clear price advantage. However, when the book is the same price across platforms, all sorts of considerations suddenly jump up at me.
Here are the things I think about:
- Where do I have the greatest number of titles already purchased?
- What platform do I want to keep for the long-term?
- Which one is DRM free?
- How easy is it to share?
- Which has the better Android app?
- Is the printed version cheaper?
- Is this something I'd want in the "family library" (Nook)?
None of this would have mattered if I could save a dollar. It would be an easy decision. However, given no price advantage, my mind jumps to all manner of considerations rather than quickly choosing a platform and buying the damned thing.
And here I am blogging about it; I still haven't bought it.